Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

ok

Acorn Campground

Campground Details: Acorn Campground
State: New Jersey Campgrounds

OK but I'm looking elsewhere after several stays
  • CampingBotCampingBot August 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 08/01/2011 by janstratton

Stayed at this campground about 4 times over 2 summers. Pros: campsites are large, sandy flat and far enough from your neighbor that you have privacy. Bathrooms were kept clean, but only poured concrete floors, painted block shower stalls and cramped toilet stalls of wood that look like they have seen better days. Showers will not stay on, you must hold the handle to keep it on, and there is no temperature control. There is a pond on the property and there were lots of mosquitos. The main reason I will not go back is because of a conflict I had with owner on my last visit. Without going into a lot of detail, suffice it to say, I did not feel that I was treated fairly and believe I was lied to, so I've researched other campgrounds in south New Jersey Shore area and went elsewhere this year. I will not be going back to Acorn, found another campground a little farther north (Avalon) and am making it my new place to stay on Jersey shore .