Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

dislike

Lost Mine Campground

Very Disappointed
  • CampingBotCampingBot July 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 07/11/2011 by andyr

After spending all afternoon setting up a great campsite for my two daughters and me for what we beleived was a two night stay in Lost Mine Campground and the girls first camping experience we had a great camp supper and turned in well before the manditory quiet time to rest up for our morning rafting trip on the Nantahala. The next morning I was greated outside the bathroom by the owner (Ann) and to my surprise she informed me that she was under the impression that our reservation was for one night only and that we would need to vacate our campsite. I explained to her that we had a rafting trip scheduled at 10:15 and would not be able to be out by the 11:00am check out time. She told me that the group was on the way up from Atlanta and offered that I needed to get out as soon after the rafting trip as possible. I was stunned to say the least that she offered no alternatives or information for what we might do. Upon returning from the rafting trip I decided to check in with the owner just to make sure that sometthing hadn't changed and when I asked the owner john, he only looked at his watch and said that the group would arrive any minute. We Bugged Out ! haphazzardly taking down camp and instead of the afternoon of leasure and exploring I had promissed the girls we were trying to find another place to camp and get set up before dark. That evening after dinner we could not resist the temptation to ride by Lost Mine just to see if our camp site was occupied and were stunned to see that it along with the two adjacent sites were vacant. If they will treat this father and two daughters (10 and 13)this way then to anyone who chooses to book at the lost mine has lost their way.