Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Gambrill State Park

Campground Details: Gambrill State Park
State: Maryland Campgrounds

Gambrill State Park: Rock Run campsites
  • CampingBotCampingBot July 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 07/10/2011 by Hotheadem

I stayed in a mini cabin for two nights at Gambrill State Park this month. It was after the 4th of July madness. The park was basically empty. I felt like I had it all to myself. The cabins are amazingly clean as well as the bathrooms. The staff was very nice -so kind that they delivered my firewood and they were sold 3 bundles for $12.
    My cabin had a few power outlets, an overhead light and a porch light.
    There only issues I had were the fact that there was no camp store, a semi busy road was located next to the park, the playground was a swing set with no swings and the camp sites were located very close to one another. Didnt matter to me because they were empty when I stayed there.

Its new to being listed on the internet. I feel like if you want privacy and a less hectic campground stay at Gambrill. Its very close to Cunningham state park which is apparently noisy with more outdoor activities for families.

I did not venture to the trails that are not accessible from the Rock Run site of Gambrill. I would of had to drive up the road and parked to access it. So I cant tell you about the trails.