Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Collins Lake Recreation Area

Quiet & Relaxing
  • CampingBotCampingBot January 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 08/17/2010 by jdyhouser

In August of 2008, my family & I spent 5 days at Collins Lake we had a wonderful time. There is something for everyone there, bring your bikes, some wonderful paths to ride. On 2 seperate occasions we rented a double decker boat with water slide, this is a must if you have kids, they will talk about this forever. The price is reasonable if you rent during the week. They have a seperate area roped off for swimming & in this same area, they have a special area roped off for toddlers. The fishing was good for others, but we had no luck. Our camp site was partially shaded. We were about 250 feet from the beach. The store has basic essentials, no fruits or vegetables so bring your own, my favorite part of the store is the ice cream they serve & the amount for a cheap price. If you plan to camp at Collins Lake & want to camp close to the beach, make sure you go to Collins Lake internet site & look at the map of camping sites, I also recommend you make reservations 3-4 months ahead of time during the peek season. We do plan on going back next year & stay for a week. The people that work there are very polite. Have a great time.