Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

dislike

Rainbow Falls State Park

Overated
  • CampingBotCampingBot January 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 08/16/2010 by dalowrider

The "falls" were washed away in a flood. There is a detour to gain access as the bridge was washed away also. A "full" hookup here is 27 bucks a night with no sewer and the hook up water is terrible. My site had cigarette butts, paper etc in it and cans in the fire pit. Highway 6 is close and busy, with construction going on and a constant stream of traffic.

I stayed here to visit my brother who lives nearby. I paid for three nights. The first night when I got set up, around 9:45 I saw someone with a bright hat light walk into my site. I shined my flashlight and was told to "douse that!" This person who didn't identify himself had a clipboard in hand and wanted to know if the "extra" car was staying after 10 pm because I would need to pay him if so. I was not particularly cordial and he departed. My neighbors who were noisy after 10 were not contacted as they continued to be noisy.

The forest here is wonderful. The sites were ok, nothing special. The attitude of the park staff was a minus 10. The fees are over the top. I would never stay here again.