Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

dislike

Apostle Islands View Campground

Unwelcoming and not so Friendly Campground
  • CampingBotCampingBot January 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 07/26/2010 by MM

We've always wanted to see Bayfield, WI. So, a group of friends (with our families) camp together all over Minnesota, have been to South Dakota together & recently to Wisconsin. We've been doing this for about 4-5 years. I don't think we've ever been to such an unwelcoming place. This Campground has sarcastic signs posted everywhere in the campground, and if you disobey them, you will be punished. The owner drives around in a 4-wheeler to make sure that you aren't leaving your rugs on his grassy/weedy campsites, or that your dog isn't barking (at any time of the day). If you leave your little rug/mat outside your door, be sure to pick it up before you go anywhere. Otherwise he will. The sites are just ok, but they do have clean flush toilets, and you do have to pay for showers. Playground closes at 8:30PM (SHARP) and no playing games around the campfire after 10PM. I just thought this was a little bit too strict to make it much fun. I would recommend camping anywhere else nearby. I'm sure there are plenty of other places that would welcome you & let you stay up past 10PM.