Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Eisenhower State Park

Campground Details: Eisenhower State Park
State: Texas Campgrounds

A great campground for first timers!
  • CampingBotCampingBot January 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 05/23/2010 by scraphappy in texas

Eisenhower SP is the first campground that we EVER stayed at as a family and I will always have fond memories of it. The sites are very clean and so are the bathhouses minus a couple of daddy long legs :-) My only concerns are the cliffs if you have smallish children and the number of steps there are to get down to the swimming area. If you have a disability those steps could be a slight problem.

Walmart, grocery stores and restaurants are within a close range for the items you might have left at home or just did not want to bring. If I can remember right, I think there is a camp store that you can rent water craft to get out and see the huge lake. A bunch of fishermen come here to set up a base camp so the grounds are normally very quite.

If you are new to camping and near the DFW or OK lines I would highly recommend Eishenhower.