Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Pismo Sands RV Park

Great Place to Stay!
  • CampingBotCampingBot January 2011
    Originally posted in the old review system on 04/13/2010 by matyglenn

We stayed at Pismo Sands for 7 days while our children, ages 9 and 7 were on Spring Break. We found the RV park to be very clean and very neat and very visually appealing. There is also a security coded entrance to the park so there is a level a security. Each space is paved, fairly level and they all have nice patches of well-maintained grassy areas (with sprinklers,no driving or or parking in the grass in order to protect the sprinklers.) Most spaces had fire pits. We have a 45-foot motor home and towed our chevy tahoe. Pismo Sands accommodated us well. There are additional parking spaces available for $5/day. The rv spaces are not too close together, so you have breathing room! There were rules that needed to be followed - strict 5 mph speed limit. Driving through vacant RV slots is not permitted for safety reasons. Pets must be on leash at all times when walking them, you must pick up after your pet - there are Pet Stations located throughout the park that provide plastic baggies and a pit in which to dump your pet's 'deposit'. Pets cannot be tied outside of your RV to a tree or anything of that nature. They are not to be left unattended outside, in a kennel or not. We didn't have a problem with that, but would have preferred to be able to kennel our dog outside for a little while for some fresh air.

Our children found lots of other children to play with and had a ball. Most of the other campers were quite friendly. My kids swam in the pool and enjoyed it quite well. The ladies showers and restrooms were quite clean and neat. From what my husband tells me, the men's showers and restrooms were equally clean and neat. Even though we have a wonderful shower in our motor home, we all used the showers at Pismo Sands a couple times. They have a laundry room, which we didn't use, but it looked fine from what I could see. There is a small playground for the children, which my kids liked. There are rental bikes, but those are quite pricey at $12/hour. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Pismo Sands is not on the beach, but is just about a 5 minute drive to the beach, which makes it quiet and peaceful because the traffic going to the beach is not exactly next to the campground. There are some RV slots, I believe they are numbers 109 - 114 that are very small and butt up against a somewhat busy street. We were in slot 70 and had no problems. The Amtrak passes through 2 or 3 times a day, but is not a bother.

Pismo Sands is under new management now, not sure how long but like I said earlier, the staff was great! The quiet hour times from 10 pm until 8 am were observed well by all the patrons that were there when we were. There are several people who live there. The spaces that I saw which were occupied by full-time residents were neat and not cluttered. And there were some that I didn't even realize were residents until another resident told me. We enjoyed staying there and can't wait to stay there again.

The town of Pismo Beach is adorable and fun and it's about a 5 minute drive from the campground. Fun things to do - drive on the beach (that was a real treat for us as we had never done that before. The rental ATVs were VERY expensive.) Walk on the pier, stroll downtown Pismo Beach, shop the various stores, eat at the Cracked Crab - the crab bisque is to die for!!! You can get a bucket of different kinds of crabs or shrimp and the bucket is brought out to you, and the contents are dumped directly on the table for you to eat! That was fun!! Hearst Castle is about a 75 minute drive but WELL worth the drive and the tour. If you go fishing on the Pismo pier, you can bring your fish back and clean them at the RV campground because they have a designated fish cleaning area.

There were lots of other RV campgrounds in the area. We found them to be too close to the beach, had close-together RV spaces, not enough grass and/or trees. Can't wait to go back to Pismo Sands!