Tahquamenon Falls State Park
Open: Open March 26 through Dec 31
Number of Sites: 348
Tahquamenon Falls State Park encompasses close to 50,000 acres stretching over 13 miles. The centerpiece of the park, and the very reason for its existence, is the Tahquamenon River with its waterfalls. The Upper Falls is one the largest waterfalls east of the Mississippi. It has a drop of nearly 50 feet and is more than 200 feet across. A maximum flow of more than 50,000 gallons of water per second has been recorded cascading over these falls. Four miles downstream is the Lower Falls, a series of five smaller falls cascading around an island. Although not as dramatic as the Upper Falls, they are equally magnificent. The falls can be viewed from the river bank or from the island, which can be reached by rowboat rented from a park concession. The island walk affords a view of the falls in the south channel.
The area is home to miles of snowmobile trails, cross-country skiing pathways and a host of winter fun.
Tahquamenon Falls-Group Use Area
(906) 492-3415, 50 site(s),Rustic Site, Vault Toilet
(906) 492-3415, 1 site(s), Electrical Service
Tahquamenon Falls-Pines Camper Cabin
(800) 447-2757, 1 site(s), $65/Night
Tahquamenon Lower Falls-Modern
(800) 447-2757, 188 site(s), Electrical Service, Modern Restrooms, Some Campsites with 50 amp Service
Tahquamenon Rivermouth Pines/Semi-Modern/Rustic
(800) 447-2757,36 site(s), Rustic Site, Vault Toilet
(800) 447-2757, 72 site(s), $Electrical Service, Modern Restrooms, Some Campsites with 50 amp Service
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
the Next EXIT (2010 edition) (Next Exit: The Most Complete Interstate Highway Guide Ever Printed)