Open: Open May through October Number of Sites: 111 Number of Sites with Electric: 111
Located on the shores of the Missouri River, just above Fort Randall Dam, the park provides a spectacular river view. Lewis and Clark came up the river in late-August, early-September in 1804. In this area, they saw their first prairie dogs, which they called "barking squirrels." They were also told to watch for an infrequent phenomenon called "burning bluffs," where the shale ignites and smokes.