Rifle River State Recreation Area
Open: Open March 26 through Dec 31
Number of Sites: 179
Rifle River Recreation Area is a wilderness located within the AuSable State Forest and provides a variety of recreational opportunities. This area was formerly a private hunting and fishing retreat owned by the late H.M. Jewett, a pioneer auto manufacturer. In 1945 the tract, then called Grousehaven, was purchased by the Department of Conservation from Mrs. Jewett. The Department of Conservation renamed it the Rifle River Area and used it as a field laboratory for fish and game research. In 1963, the Parks Division acquired the area and it is now known as the Rifle River Recreation Area.
Rifle River Grousehaven-Modern
(800) 447-2757, 75 site(s), Electrical Service, Modern Restrooms
Rifle River-Devoe Lake Rustic
(800) 447-2757, 58 site(s), Boat Launch, Rustic Site, Swimming, Vault Toilet
Rifle River-Ranch Rustic
(800) 447-2575, 25 site(s), Rustic Site, Vault Toilet
Rifle River-Rustic Cabins
(800) 447-2757, 5 site(s), Vault Toilet
Rifle River-Spruce Rustic
(800) 447-2757,16 site(s), Rustic Site, Vault Toilet
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
Trailer Life RV Parks, Campgrounds and Services Directory 2010 (Trailer Life Directory : Campgrounds