About: At the "gateway to the tall trees country," the area offers camping, picnicking, hiking, fishing, and swimming on the South Fork of the Eel River which winds through the park for almost two miles. One of the few virgin redwood stands remaining in this area can be seen on the Grove Trail.
Standish-Hickey began as a campground acquired by the Save-the-Redwoods League in 1922. In the late 1950's, the Standish family donated over five hundred acres, and additional acquisitions through the years has increased the park's total acreage The park was named to honor Edward Ritter Hickey, son of a local lumberman who died of influenza while caring for the victims of the epidemic of 1918.
Directions: 1.5 miles north of Leggett, CA on Highway 101.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.