About: Situated at the northern end of 45,000-acre Lake Walter F. George, this quiet park offers the perfect setting for those who love water sports. It is adjacent to a natural deep-water marina with an accessible deep-water fishing pier, boat slips and boat ramp. Anglers will be excited to know that a new state record blue catfish was captured in the park's lake this February. Birders are sure to see herons and egrets, and possibly bald eagles.
The park’s Kirbo Interpretive Center teaches visitors about Native Americans, nature and local history, and it displays snakes, turtles, fish and artifacts from the prehistoric Paleo-Indian period through the early 20th century. Ten miles southeast is Providence Canyon State Conservation Park, known as Georgia's Little Grand Canyon, with hiking trails and a visitor center.
* 173 Acres
* 43 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites – cable TV & sewage hookups
* 6 Cottages – cable TV -- #3 and #10 are dog friendly (max 2)
* 8 Efficiency Units – cable TV
* Picnic Shelter
* Group Shelter seats 125
* Kirbo Interpretive Center
* Marina - 66 boat slips for rent
* Lighted Fishing Pier
* 2 Playgrounds
* 3/4-mile Nature Trail
* Note: Swimming Pool is closed.
* Boating – ramp, dock
* Fishing – boat rental - Blue Catfish State Record Caught at Walter F. George Lake!
* Miniature Golf
* Florence Marina School Program
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.