Holly Recreation Area
Open: Open from Apr 23 through Nov 28
Number of Sites: 166
The Holly Recreation Area's rolling woodland and prairies dominate this landscape, and are featured in the Holly Woods Disc Golf Course, offering a variety of challenges and fun for all levels. The nearly 8,000 acres of woodlands and open fields provide opportunities for a variety of activities.
Holly-Group Use Area
(248) 634-8811, 4 site(s),Rustic Site, Vault Toilet
Holly-McGinnis Lake-Modern Campground
(800) 447-2757, 144 site(s), Electrical Service, Mini Cabin, Modern Restrooms, Playground
Holly-McGinnis Lake-Semi-Modern Campground
(800) 447-2757, 15 site(s),Modern Restrooms, Playground
(800) 447-2757, 2 site(s), Electrical Service, Modern Restrooms
Holly-Rolston Rustic Cabin
(800) 447-2757, 1 site(s), Electrical Service, Vault Toilet
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
This is an excellent campground, especially if you are able to stay in the Hickory Loop (In my opinion spot #134 was the best). I felt very secluded and close to trails. Most of the spots in the hickory loop are shaded and in the trees. There were a ton of mosquitoes and curious raccoons...but nothing that I didn't expect when I go camping. You can't walk to go swimming since you can't swim in McGinnis Lake--you have to drive to Lake Heron. The trails were lots of fun, easy to get to, and easy to walk.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to RVing, 2nd Edition