Blackwoods Campground (Acadia National Park)
Open: Open all year
Number of Sites: 306
Blackwoods Campground is located on Route 3, five miles south of Bar Harbor. It is open all year, with the following restrictions:
* In Season (May 1 to October 31) - Reservations are suggested during this time. See reservation information. Fee: $20 per site, per night.
* Shoulder Season (April and November) - Weather permitting. Fee: $10 (self-registration).
* Off Season (December 1 to March 31) - A limited number of campsites are available for primitive camping only in the off season at Blackwoods. During this time campers must first obtain a camping permit from the dispatch office at park headquarters (open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily). Facilities are limited to a hand pump for water and a portable toilet. The campground entrance road is closed to automobiles during this time; campers are required to hike in from the campground entrance on Route 3. Campers must pack out all trash.
Facilities and Services (varies in off season)
* 306 sites (some accessible)
* Group campsites available by reservation
* No hook-ups or utilities
* Restrooms with running water
* Showers available nearby (fee)
* Evening campfire programs
* Island Explorer Shuttle Bus stop
Campsites are limited to two tents and one vehicle at each site. Tents must fit within the site pads provided. Party size is limited to six persons per site. The party size limit may be exceeded to include one immediate family (parents and children). Recreational vehicles may not exceed 35' (10.7 m) in length and 11’ 8” (3.5 m) in height. Extension pull-outs must fit within the site pads provided.
Reservations for individual sites are handled by the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS), not the park. (Please note: Procedures for group camping reservations differ.) Reservations can be made up to six months in advance. For example, for a reservation for July 4, you can make reservations starting January 4.
888-448-1474 customer service
The hours call center hours are from 10 a.m. to midnight ET from March 1 to October 31, and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET November 1 to February 28.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to RVing, 2nd Edition