George L. Smith State Park
Open: Open all year
Number of Sites: 25
About: With natural beauty, lakeside camping and cozy cottages, this secluded park is the perfect south Georgia retreat. It is best known for the refurbished Parrish Mill, a combination grist mill, saw mill, covered bridge and dam built in 1880. Anglers and canoeists can explore the mill pond dotted with Spanish moss-draped trees and home to blue heron and white ibis. Hikers can stretch their legs on seven miles of trails while searching for lumbering gopher tortoises, Georgia’s state reptile. The park is named after one of Georgia’s great legislators.
* 1,634 Acres
* 412-Acre Lake with Boat Ramp
* 25 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites
* 8 Cottages -- #4 is dog friendly max 2
* 4 Picnic Shelters
* Group Shelter (seats 50, )
* Pioneer Campground
* Fishing - boat rentals
* Boating - 10 HP limit on private boats
* Pedal Boat rental -
* Canoe rental - 10 miles of trails
* Walking and Biking - 7 miles of trails
Directions: Located between Metter and Twin City off Ga. Hwy. 23. Take I-16 exit #104.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
Frommer's Best RV and Tent Campgrounds in the U.S.A. (Frommer's Best Rv Tent Campgrounds in the USA