Hard Labor Creek State Park
Open: Open all year
Number of Sites: 49
About: While this park may be best known for its golf course, The Creek, it also offers a wide range of recreational opportunities in a beautiful wooded setting. More than 24 miles of trails are available for hikers and horseback riders, and equestrians can enjoy their own camping area near stalls. A lakeside beach and bathhouse are popular with swimmers during warmer months. The park provides one of Georgia’s best golf values, along with a pro shop, driving range, rental carts and special rates for seniors and children. The park’s name is thought to come either from slaves who tilled summer fields or Native Americans who found it difficult to ford.
* 5,804 Acres
* 49 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites -- buddy sites available, some areas close during winter
* 20 Cottages – cable TV, #13 and #17 are dog friendly ($40 fee dog, max 2)
* 4 Picnic Shelters and Barbecue Pit
* 2 Group Shelters (seat 85 and 120)
* 2 Group Camps (sleeps 75–120)
* Pioneer Group Campground
* 2 Lakes
* 30 Horse Stalls, Riding Ring and 12 Equestrian Campsites
* Swimming Beach and Bathhouse (seasonal)
* The Creek Golf Course
* Golf (rental carts, driving range)
* Boat Rental – pedal boats (seasonal), canoes, fishing boats
* Horseback Riding – 22-mile trail, stalls, riding ring, equestrian camping, no horse rentals
* Hiking – 2.5-mile trail, weekday hiking on 22-mile horse trail
Directions: Located 2 miles north of Rutledge. Take I-20 exit #105 into Rutledge and proceed 3 miles on Fairplay Road.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
Trailer Life RV Parks, Campgrounds and Services Directory 2010 (Trailer Life Directory : Campgrounds