About: This southeast Georgia park is a favorite for picnicking, family reunions and golf. Picnic tables and shelters surround a small lake where visitors can rent pedal boats and fishing boats during warmer months. Docks are available for land-loving anglers, and children will enjoy looking for beaver dams from the observation deck. In May 2010, the park opened five new rental cottages facing Brazell's Creek Golf Course. All feature screened porches, fireplaces and televisions. The park's golf course offers a pro shop and junior/senior discounts. Gordonia-Alatamaha's unusual name comes from the rare Gordonia tree -- a member of the bay family -- that once grew in the park, plus the original spelling of the nearby Altamaha River.
* 662 Acres
* 12-Acre Lake
* 29 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites (some sewage hookups)
* 5 Cottages ($105 - $115, #2 is Dog Friendly, max 2)
* 4 Picnic Shelters
* Group Shelter (seats 80)
* 18-Hole Brazell's Creek Golf Course and Pro Shop
* Note: the swimming pool is closed.
* Miniature Golf
* Pedal Boat Rental (seasonal)
* Fishing – boat rental; no private boats permitted
Directions: Located near Reidsville just off U.S. Hwy. 280. From I-16, take exit #98 or #104.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.