About: Established as a memorial to U.S. veterans, this park features a museum with aircraft, armored vehicles, uniforms, weapons, medals and other items from the Revolutionary War through the Gulf War. An 18-hole golf course and pro shop, along with 8,600-acre Lake Blackshear, make this one of Georgia’s most popular state parks.
The Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club is a privately operated conference center with 78 lodge rooms, 10 cottages and a restaurant.
The SAM Shortline Excursion Train runs through the park on its way from Cordele to Plains, allowing riders to see an antique telephone museum, Habitat for Humanity's Global Village, President Jimmy Carter's boyhood farm and other attractions.
* 1,308 Acres
* 77 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites – cable TV hookups
* 4 Picnic Shelters
* Group Shelter (seats 150)
* Lakeview Pavilion (seats 100)
* Pioneer Campground
* 10 Cottages
* The Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club (78 lodge rooms, pool, conference center & restaurants)
* Georgia Veterans Memorial Golf Course (18 holes)
* The Marina at Lake Blackshear Resort
* Lakeside Swimming Beach
* Model Airplane Flying Field
* Disc Golf Course
* Walking Trails
* Boating and Waterskiing - private boats permitted
* Boat rental
* Fishing - bass, crappie, catfish, bream
* Model Airplane Flying
* Disc Golf
Directions: Located 9 miles west of I-75 (exit #101) near Cordele on U.S. Hwy. 280.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.