Moraine Park Campground (Rocky Mountain National Park)
Open: Open all year
Number of Sites: 245
Moraine Park Campground
(8160 ft), located in a ponderosa pine forest above the meadows of Moraine Park on Bear Lake Road approximately two and a half miles south of the Beaver Meadows Entrance Station, has 245 sites.
* Open year round.
* Reservations accepted and recommended from May 26 to October 4, 2010.
* First-come, first-served the remainder of the year.
* Camping fee $20/site/night during the reservation period and when water is on; fee after water is turned off is $14/site/night.
* Recreational vehicle and trailer length limit is 40 feet.
* Trails from the campground connect to numerous other trails.
* Shuttle Bus access.
Moraine Park Group Sites
* Open winter only.
* First-come, first-served.
* Camping fee is $3/person/night.
* Tents only.
* Small sites fit 10 - 15 people, medium sites 16-25 people, large sites 26 - 40 people.
* No limit on number of tents.
* No more than five vehicles per site.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
Large, Busy and Often Full
Moraine Park CG has many sites but they are well spaced for privacy, and, because the bark beetles have not killed all the trees, there is also shade. Some of the best RMNP trails start right here!
the Next EXIT (2010 edition) (Next Exit: The Most Complete Interstate Highway Guide Ever Printed)