Glacier Basin Campground (Rocky Mountain National Park)
Open: Open from early Jun through early Sep
Number of Sites: 150
Glacier Basin Campground
(8500 ft), located on Bear Lake Road approximately six miles south of the Beaver Meadow Entrance Station has 150 sites.
* Opens May 26, 2010; closes at noon September 6, 2010.
* Reservations available and recommended for Loops C & D; A & B Loops will be first-come, first-served.
* Camping fee is $20/site/night.
* Recreational vehicle and trailer length limit is 35 feet.
* Shuttle Bus access.
Glacier Basin Group Sites
* Reservations accepted and recommended.
* Camping fee is $3/person/night.
* Tents only.
* Small sites (#1 & 13) fit 9 - 15 people and a maximum of three vehicles.
* Medium sites (#2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11 & 12) fit 16-25 people and a maximum of four vehicles.
* Large sites (7, 8 & 9) fit 26- 40 people and a maximum of five vehicles.
* No limit on number of tents.
* No more than five vehicles per site.
Currently there are no reviews of this campground.
Smaller, Busy, but Great Views
Half the trees at Glacier Basin have been killed by the bark beetle so look for a site in the trees. This CG is very central for some of the best views and hiking in RMNP.
the Next EXIT (2010 edition) (Next Exit: The Most Complete Interstate Highway Guide Ever Printed)